Monday, April 9, 2012

Sermon Text for Sunday, April 15, 2012 (John 21:15-19

Join us this Sunday for worship!
8:00 a.m. Classic Worship
10:30 a.m. Celebration Worship

Sermon Text: John 21:15-19, Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

Jesus’ Threefold Restoration of Peter
15 When they had eaten breakfast, Jesus asked Simon Peter, “Simon, son of John, do you love Me more than these?” “Yes, Lord,” he said to Him, “You know that I love You.” “Feed My lambs,” He told him.

16 A second time He asked him, “Simon, son of John, do you love Me?” “Yes, Lord,” he said to Him, “You know that I love You.” “Shepherd My sheep,” He told him.

17 He asked him the third time, “Simon, son of John, do you love Me?” Peter was grieved that He asked him the third time, “Do you love Me?” He said, “Lord, You know everything! You know that I love You.” “Feed My sheep,” Jesus said.

18 “I assure you: When you were young, you would tie your belt and walk wherever you wanted. But when you grow old, you will stretch out your hands and someone else will tie you and carry you where you don’t want to go.”

19 He said this to signify by what kind of death he would glorify God. After saying this, He told him, “Follow Me!”

For His Glory!
Pastor Joe

No comments: