Monday, May 14, 2012

Sunday, May 20, 2012 Sermon Text

John 17:6-19, Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

Jesus Prays for His Disciples

6 I have revealed Your name to the men You gave Me from the world. They were Yours, You gave them to Me, and they have kept Your word.

7 Now they know that all things You have given to Me are from You,

 8 because the words that You gave Me, I have given them. They have received them and have known for certain that I came from You. They have believed that You sent Me.

9 I pray for them. I am not praying for the world but for those You have given Me, because they are Yours.

10 Everything I have is Yours, and everything You have is Mine, and I have been glorified in them.

11 I am no longer in the world, but they are in the world, and I am coming to You. Holy Father, protect them by Your name that You have given Me, so that they may be one as We are one.

12 While I was with them, I was protecting them by Your name that You have given Me. I guarded them and not one of them is lost, except the son of destruction, so that the Scripture may be fulfilled.

13 Now I am coming to You, and I speak these things in the world so that they may have My joy completed in them.

 14 I have given them Your word. The world hated them because they are not of the world, as I am not of the world.

15 I am not praying that You take them out of the world but that You protect them from the evil one.

16 They are not of the world, as I am not of the world.

17 Sanctify them by the truth; Your word is truth.

 18 As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.

 19 I sanctify Myself for them, so they also may be sanctified by the truth.

For His Glory!

Pastor Joe

No comments: