Sunday, March 3, 2013

Sunday, March 10, 2013 Sermon Text (John 15:1-8)

Jesus, the Great "I Am"
This Sunday I will continue in a sermon series on selected "I am" statements that Jesus made during His ministry. This week's "I am" statement is found in John 15: 5, "I am the vine; you are the branches. The one who remains in Me and I in him produces much fruit, because you can do nothing without Me." Let me encourage you to use this evangelistic sermon series to invite a friend to worship who needs Christ.

For His Glory!
Pastor Joe

John 15:1-8, Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
1 “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vineyard keeper.

2 Every branch in Me that does not produce fruit He removes, and He prunes every branch that produces fruit so that it will produce more fruit.

3 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you.

4 Remain in Me, and I in you. Just as a branch is unable to produce fruit by itself unless it remains on the vine, so neither can you unless you remain in Me.

5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. The one who remains in Me and I in him produces much fruit, because you can do nothing without Me.

6 If anyone does not remain in Me, he is thrown aside like a branch and he withers. They gather them, throw them into the fire, and they are burned.

7 If you remain in Me and My words remain in you, ask whatever you want and it will be done for you.

8 My Father is glorified by this: that you produce much fruit and prove to be[a] My disciples.

No comments: