Monday, September 7, 2015

Letter to Our HBC Family




September 6, 2015

Dear Hebron Baptist Church Family,

Solomon in Ecclesiastes said that “There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven . . . a time to plant and a time to uproot” (Eccl. 3:1, 2).  In December of 2005 our family “planted” ourselves in Denham Springs and we have enjoyed many “seasons” of activity and ministry here. All three of our children graduated from Denham Springs High School. It’s hard to believe that we’ve been here almost ten years.

But soon Rhonda and I will be “uprooting” ourselves as we enter another season of life and ministry. I have accepted the call to be the Senior Pastor of Carrollwood Baptist Church in Tampa, Florida. Therefore, I am submitting my resignation as your Senior Pastor effective after the services of September 20, 2015. That Sunday will be my last day.

It is often hard to explain or put into words God’s calling. There is no particular reason for my departure. I do not feel pressured to leave, I’m not leaving mad, In fact, I leave with a profound sense of gratitude to God for what he has allowed me to be a part of at HBC. For the lives changed by the grace of God, I will forever be grateful that I had some small part in it. We’ve wept together, prayed together, and rejoiced together and those moments will always be precious to me.

I am especially grateful that many ministries at HBC are thriving and God is obviously at work. I still believe that Hebron’s best days are in front not behind. Hebron has much to be proud of and to look forward to. We have some very dedicated people doing tremendous ministry. There is nothing that God cannot do in this place with the right spiritual leadership and with the willing hearts of God’s people. But I also believe it is time for a new voice and a vision that will take HBC into this next exciting phase of its ministry.

My desire is to see HBC prosper. And to that end, let me encourage the church body to remain faithful and prayerful during this time. While ministerial staff may come and go, Christ, the “Chief Shepherd” is still the Head and you are the body of Christ. Let me close with the words that I seek to genuinely practice daily. “Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God. Because you have been my partners in spreading the Good News about Christ” (Phil. 1:3, 5a).

For His Glory, By His Grace!


Joe Alain

No comments: