Thursday, October 17, 2019

Decluttering Discipleship: The Power of Simple

If anyone knows simple, it is Jesus. He came into a world that was cluttered with religious activity and religious persons with all kinds of ideas about God and how to approach Him. Jesus swept aside all of the human-centered ways of approaching God, making the path clear and simple to understand. This Sunday, October 20, 2019 I'll be sharing about the problem of spiritual clutter and also how Jesus can declutter our lives so that we can live a life that is meaningful and that glorifies God. The message theme ties in with our greater Church 3 year vision to "Simplify."

Following are some Scriptures that I'll focus on:

The Problem of Clutter
Matthew 21:12-15; 23:27-28

How Jesus Decluttered Discipleship
Matthew 11:28-30; 22:37-40

I hope to see you this Sunday at Carrollwood Baptist Church where all are welcomed!

Pastor Joe

"I thank my God every time I remember you." Philippians 1:3

No comments: